Thursday, September 10, 2026

FLORIDA
FLORIDA KEYS
KEY WEST’S DUVAL STREET

 

Today marks our first look at Key West, at the far southwest end of the Florida Keys. This post is loaded with photos, because I spent a good portion of a day (or two or three) simply strolling down Duval Street, the best-known avenue in Key West. We’ll come back to Duval Street for a few more posts, too.

The shops and restaurants present a variety of looks, colors and architecture. For some reason, the congress of shops in the jut-out building leading off the post is one that stuck with me from that stroll. 

The post includes pictures taken at the extreme north end of Duval, not far from Mallory Square, all the way to almost the absolute southern tip. But I’m saving both Mallory Square and the southern-most point for separate posts. 

To see a larger version of a photo, simply click on it. To view a gallery of all my photos taken along Duval Street, follow the link in this sentence.   

Above and below: Inside The Bull and Whistle Bar at the corner of Duval and Caroline streets. As the above photo shows, it’s one place I decided I would stick my head into. I was in there long enough to grab this single shot before leaving.
















Above and first two photos below are views of Caroline’s Cafe, 310 Duval St., a casual eatery whose elevated outdoor seating comes right up to the passing sidewalk. The restaurant, which opened in 1999, got its name from Caroline Street, which intersects Duval nearby. 














Above: St. Paul Episcopal Church at 401 Duval St.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<CENTER>GEORGIA<BR>SAVANNAH<BR>COLONIAL PARK CEMETERY</CENTER>

  If you know nothing about life in Savannah during the Civil War, you’ll learn something about it from the driver/guides of the local troll...